Bond It Bitubond Multi Use Black Bitumen Paint 5 Litre
Bond it Bitubond 5 Litre black Bitumen Paint solvent based black bitumen paint that provides an effective water proof, weatherproof, corrosion resistant protective coating that's Suitable for the protection of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, concrete, roofing felt, fibre cement, corrugated iron, asphalt and wood, against water. Reduces corrosion and decay. metals, building thresholds, masonry, concrete, roofing, felt, fibre cement, corrugated iron, asphalt and wood against water attack.
Bond It Bitumen Paint is a solvent borne, bituminous black paint for external use and when dry it forms an odourless and taint free bitumen black shiny finish, when dry dulls with exposure to sunlight, fast drying and resistant to low concentrations of alkalis and acids and can withstand prolonged oxidation.
Metal protection - steel, iron, lead, zinc, aluminium, corrugated iron sheets, fire escapes, stairways, ladders, storage tanks, gutters, down pipes, fences, railings, gates etc.
As a protective coating for concrete structures, stone, brick, concrete screeds and sand cement surfaces, over coating felt wood.
The coverage per litre is dependent upon the porosity of the surface for metal and smooth surfaces 4 meters to 10 meters square per litre per coat.
- The chosen surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease, oil and any loose material.
- Remove any organic growth using Bond It patio blaster or similar biocide that kills mould fungi and green growth.
- Rust should be wire brushed to remove as much as possible, any residue must be primed with a rust inhibitor primer if necessary.
- Surfaces to be treated must be completely free of water before applying Bond it Bitumen Paint.
- Bond It Bitumen paint is supplied ready for use and should not require thinning.
- Apply at least two coats by brush, roller or spray allowing each coat to dry before applying the next coat.
- At very low service temperatures the coating will become less flexible, while at high temperatures it becomes soft and less resistant to degradation by the environment, and will ultimately flow.
- Dispense the bitumen into a paint kettle and replace the lid to prevent evaporation of the solvent.
- A minimum of two coats of Black Bituminous Paint should be applied, the first coat being allowed to dry before the second is applied.
- On porous surfaces where the surface being treated is porous, an initial coat of bitumen primer or thinned bitumen should be should be applied.
- Tools may be cleaned with White Spirit.
- Drying time will be approximately 6 hours depending on drying conditions
Care should be taken when applying any solvent based paint in high sun as the fumes from the painting can accelerate sunburn.
Do not use in areas where subsequent solvent contact is likely.
Do not use internally on internals of drinking water tanks.
Allow sufficient drying time between coats.
Bitumen paint may bleed through any paints subsequently applied over it.
Apply a primer recommended by the paint manufacturer before overpainting this would need to be a leafing primer.
Bitumen paint has an extremely long storage lifetime of up to 5 years always stir thoughrally prior to use.